The HELLFIRE 2P Muzzle Brake is designed to provide an optimized brake for Semi-Automatic and/or hunting weapons systems with barrels of 20″ or less. This brake will offer the greatest performance possible while maintaining shooter comfort.
Part of the Patent Pending HELLFIRE Modular Brake System
The HELLFIRE Self Timing Brake system is not just another knockoff copy of existing self timing brakes. It was engineered from the ground up to be extremely effective, easier to install, and much more versatile. Read more on all of its advantages below:
In order to simplify the choices, we have two caliber selections available for the HELLFIRE 2P brake. The difference in efficiency between using a caliber specific brake bore, and the next size up is so minimal if not non existent that we decided to simplify things in order to lower overall costs to you the consumer. As you can imagine, trying to stock the exact quantities required of six or so different calibers would be impossible.
223/6mm – Good for any bullet caliber up to and including 0.243 (6mm), ie 223, 5.56 NATO, 204, 17 cal, etc
6.5mm/308 – Good for any bullet caliber up to and including 0.308, ie 6.5mm, 7mm, 284, 270, (Magnums OK)
(9mm to be added at a later date)
– Extremely easy installation, brake WILL NOT turn as you torque the collar to lock. No more guessing where the brake ports will line up once you tighten it down!
– Simple round knurled nut that requires no tools to time the brake.
– Return to zero is excellent. This means removal of your brake and re-installation will not require a zero change.
– Suppressor mount adapters available HERE
– Simply torque the universal adapter onto your barrel with a 5/8″ wrench, this piece never has to come off. Next, LEFT HAND thread the brake/collar assembly onto the adapter until it is almost snug. Now rotate the brake until it is level, push the brake into the adapter and you will feel it lock onto the taper. Now tighten the collar fully by hand, and you are done!
HELLFIRE Muzzle Brake
– Slightly rearward facing ports for the ideal balance of recoil reduction and shooter comfort.
– Proprietary port design controls muzzle rise without the use of top porting.
– Face of brake is engraved with caliber to indicate the top for correct orientation, and a horizontal line to aid in leveling.
– Made from heat treated 17-4PH Stainless Steel
– Brakes will be available in Black Nitride finish (all universal adapters will be black)
– Manufactured on state of the art CNC Machines right here in NW Ohio. 100% Made in USA.
– 1″ OD Brake, 1.1″ OD collar (meets 3-Gun standard for limited class)
– Brake assembly will add 2.6″ from the thread shoulder (approx 2″ added to OAL of barrel)
– Thread spec diagram can be downloaded HERE
– Weighs 4.8oz for a 5/8-24 6.5mm brake
Maintenance on any muzzle brake is essential. Just like your barrel, muzzle brakes need cleaned. Over time carbon will build up in the ports, mainly the last port as the first two are semi-self cleaning from the muzzle blast. When this carbon builds up, it will eventually get to the point that bullets can actually strike it. Depending on your shooting regimen you may not notice this, you might just call it a flier. But in a competition when you need every round to impact, this is critical. Carbon bullet strikes are a worst case scenario, but the buildup can also cause accuracy or POI issues just due to airflow changes in the brake ports.